Today’s complex criminal and serious investigations cannot be effectively managed with thumb drives, SharePoint, cloud folders, paper forms, and sticky notes. Times have changed and the introduction of investigation management and case investigation software is now an integral part of any specialized investigative agency.
What is Investigation Software?
Investigation case management software such as that from Case Closed Software™ is a purpose-built system that assists investigators triage investigative cases, track the involved entities, record supplemental reports and case actions, and generally help users close cases faster and more efficiently.
Investigation software (aka case management software) is specifically designed to help users collaborate and work efficiently with team members – whether they are across the aisle, or across the globe.
Investigation management software is more than fancy graphs and big data analytics. It’s also more than simple incident tracking. Many vendors will try to convince you otherwise because they lack true case management functionality.
True investigation case management software allows agencies of any type to triage new tips and leads, assign them to appropriate agents, track all related case entities such as people, places, and things (vehicles, evidence, organizations, IP Addresses, etc) in an easy-to-use and intuitive fashion.
Importantly, investigation software and incident management software allows agencies including law enforcement, anti-human trafficking groups, drug task forces, national police agencies, federal agencies, internet crimes against children (ICAC) task forces and more can quickly log and analyze all investigative case materials with built-in flexible workflow for approvals.
Top 20 Things to Look For When Procuring a Case Management System
When considering investigation case management software, agencies should look for the following must-haves:
- A proven and delighted install base.
- Tips and Leads management with the ability to promote them to a full investigation.
- Master databases (fully searchable) of all case entities
- Organizations and gang databases for organized crime
- Multi-Jurisdictional capabilities
- Real time multi-language functionality
- 28 CFR Part 23 compliant Criminal Intelligence
- Evidence management including full chain of custody
- Customizable workflow
- Case Visualization and Link Analysis
- Confidential Informants and whistleblower management
- Criminal charges and statutes functionality
- Operations planning
- Task and Assignments management
- Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Compliance
- Photo lineup functionality
- Remote Case Review (For sharing with prosecutors or LE)
- Multimedia attachments
- Customizable case reports
- World-class support and system maintenance
In short, investigation management software helps you conduct more efficient and, effective investigations. Case Closed Software is the leader in the investigation case management industry.
U.S. based Case Closed Software™ is a recognized leader in the development of investigation case management software and is a true investigation software company.